Tuesday 17 November 2015

Drawing crazy patterns on your sheets...

the owl and the pussycat illustration in ballpoint pen by holly holt

Remember when I said I thought about illustrating The Owl and the Pussycat? Well it turns out I made a start on it (must have been a slow day). I came across this in a half finished state last week and having not much to do that day either, I thought I might as well finish it off. I won't be continuing with this as a project, I'm not a massive cat lover and all those swirly patterns in the sea...I tried to keep the same sort of idea going as the original little illustration and, well, they just don't work do they? My favourite part of this is the owls little brother waving goodbye, he looks so excited. I don't think he really gets it (psst...they aren't coming back!)

1 comment:

ladybird said...

What a tender drawing. Sad and lovely at the same time.