Sunday 27 December 2015

Blue, blue, electric blue...

blue ballpoint pen jellyfish drawing by holly holt

I know it's the time for chilling out and letting the glitter settle but I can't not draw. It's like having an itch I can't scratch, like those weird ones you get behind your kneecaps that drive you insane (or is that just me?) Having said that, I needed something swirly that I didn't have to think too hard about so here's an experiment in blue ballpoint pen (just to see what would happen). I thought the vibrancy of the blue ink would lend itself to the ethereal qualities of a jellyfish and do you know what? I think it does. Something has made me display it upside down to the way I drew it, it just seems to work better that way*, like he's diving down to...well I don't actually know what jellyfish do, just float about by the look of things. That's fine by me (we must be related). 

*Feel free to spin it round and take a look at it from my viewpoint.

1 comment:

ladybird said...

Wow! ,love that colour, his curly body and floaty strands would feel heaven to touch. Having said that. When I was in Australia l saw similar jelly fish..... but they stung!!!